CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 19, 2010

Asher's prayer last night

So, we have been trying to encourage Asher to pray before going to bed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is it wrong to bribe him? I don't want to brainwash the kid, but at the same time, I think its good for kids to learn good habits early on. So anyway, last night I agreed to read another book to him if he prayed first. It worked. This was his prayer:
"Heavenly Father,
Thank you for mommy and daddy and Ruthie and Asher. Thank you for Ruthie and Asher and mommy. Thank you for eating apples, thank you for riding my bicycle. Thank you for watching Kipper. Thank you for reading books. Help us to be happy. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Totally unprompted. (Okay, I did actually have to tell him to add daddy to the list of people he was thankful for. But that was it.)

Precious.

2 comments:

secwalker said...

That's really cute and sweet. It was Elliot's turn to say the prayer the other night before having dessert for family night and it went like this (with her head bowed and arms folded):

me: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this nice family night

Elliot: ice cream

me: thank you for our family

Elliot: ice cream

me: and please bless our treat

Elliot: treat

etc. :)

grandpaClark said...

Too cute, hey what about Grandparents?