CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Asher funnies

So, Asher is getting to that age where he says funny stuff. Here are some from the last couple of weeks.

One morning when I woke up with the kids, we were playing on the couch and Asher kept crashing into my belly. I said "Asher, you need to be soft, there's a baby in there." He looked at my belly, lifted up my shirt, then made a gesture like he was grabbing something and putting it in his mouth. "I ate the baby." Problem solved.

Asher was playing in the laundry hamper and managed to get his Mr. Incredible figure stuck in the hole on the side. He asked Matthew to help get him out. Matthew fiddled with it for a while (it was really stuck) and Asher said "OK...lets get a hammer." Matthew laughed and Asher said "Yeah, we'll hit him hard and get him out." Luckily, Matthew was able to pop "Mr. Crebble"out before it came to that. About 2 minutes later, he shoved poor Mr Crebble back in the hole again. Oh well.

Asher has gotten into the habit of announcing his emotions lately. The other day, he was in the middle of playing with his cars and I told him he needed to go potty. He started to cry and reluctantly followed me to the bathroom. Just before sitting down to do his business, he looked at me and said "Mom, Asher is so sad!" I think it is cute that he is able to recognize and express his feelings, and that he tends to do it in the third person. Later that day, completely out of the blue he looked at me and Matthew and announced "Dad, Asher is so happy!" Cute.

A couple of weeks ago, we took Asher and Ruthie to see Toy Story 3. We had a great time - amazingly, the kids behaved and we were able to watch the whole movie. (Asher even managed not to pee himself after drinking the better part of a large soda!) After the movie was over, Asher was very excited about Buzz and Woody (he says Wu-dee), and he kept talking about various scenes that he remembered. Like any good (albeit overindulgent) parent would do, we took him to Target and bought him a couple of small action figures. He loved them! For about 3 days straight, he carried them everywhere he went, including to the potty, to the playground, and to bed. One afternoon, I caught him play acting with the figures, and the conversation went something like this:

(Buzz crashes into Woody)
Woody: "That's naughty, Buzz, you hit Woody. You need a time out. You need to count to twenty."
Buzz: "One, two, three, four, five, six, twenty."
Woody: "Ok, now say sorry to Woody."
Buzz: "Sorry Woody"
Woody: "Give him a kiss"
(Buzz gives Woody a kiss)

Funny boy.

4 comments:

Heide said...

P.S. I'm pregnant, for any who may not already know. Due January 9th.

kelly brooke said...

Hahaha these are so so cute I love that little boy!

secwalker said...

so cute :) . . .Asher's funnies and you as a pregnant lady.

Tracie said...

Oh my gosh, these were funny! I love that Asher, can't wait to see him.